Serving the Lord in Mexico with New Tribes Mission
How then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?” Romans 10:14
Ahora bien, ¿cómo invocarán a aquel en quien no han creído? ¿Y cómo creerán en aquel de quien no han oído? Y como oirán si no hay quien les predique? Rom 10:14
Of the world’s 6,500 people groups they say that 2,500 are still unreached. As a mission in Mexico, we are presently working with the Tarahumara, Tepejuan, Pim, Cora, Mexteco, Nahuatl, Trique, and Guarijio.. But, Mexico has many more unreached tribes.
The tribal teams learn the tribal language and culture, so the message of the Gospel can be presented in the language and the manner that people will understand.
They translate the word of God, teach people how to read and write in their own language, and teach through the Bible chronologically, which lays a foundation for the Gospel among people who have never met the God of the Bible.
Then the missionaries disciple the new believers, equip them to lead their church, and help them reach out to other villages within their own tribe and to neighboring tribes.
Please continue to be in prayer with us as we share the gospel where God has placed us and as we live our daily lives here in Mexico. We are excited to see what God is doing!!!
We are Thankful…
- That Nate is doing well at the Bible Institute in Mexico City
- For the opportunity Rich had to help in a new tribal work among the Najuatl people
- Two Mexican Bible students living out back in our “casita.”
- That the mission multi-purpose building is nearing completion
- For continued safety in a country of unrest
- For the Bible Study and discipleship among the Tarahumara men out at the Brickyard.
- For Rich’s neck situation with his herniated disks. We are praying for wisdom in treating it–natural or surgery or ?
- Summer work for Nathan
- Seth and Sam are expecting their first child–safe pregnancy
- Construction needs at our Mexican church – Antioquia
- Megan: as she ministers and works with Torchbearers in CO
- For our ministries here in Chihuahua: music and Bible studies and discipleship