Hello Our Praying Friends

We would like to give you a brief update, and to request that you pray with us.

As most of you know, we have been in the States for over a year living in Kansas City, Mo taking care of my aging mother and working on Bena translation. If you have been following our updates over that time frame, you know that I was able to finish up the Romans translation, write the remaining Bible lessons to accompany that translation, make a trip to PNG to encourage the Bena church & to do comprehension checking in Romans, and more recently I completed the initial draft of the Book of Ephesians. But also in that time, I was required to meet many of my mother’s needs. At times, caring for her hindered my potential progress in translation, so I have not been able to make sufficient strides forward in that endeavor. We do not regret making the decision to care for my mom, and in fact we are thankful for this opportunity to serve her. We are also thankful for this time of growing and stretching as God challenges us in new ways to walk by faith and not by sight. These lessons are not always enjoyable ones, but are profitable for His purpose in our lives, which is conforming us to the wonderful image of Christ.

No final decisions have been made at this time, but our home church and our NTM leadership are discussing our future, and whether or not it is feasible for us to continue in the work of translating while we are here in the States. They have presented us with 3 options: a) find other means to care for my mother so we can return to PNG; b) relocate to a different NTM ministry within the States; c)temporarily resign from the mission to take a family leave. We do not see options ‘a’ or ‘b’ as a possibility, so that leaves us with only the 3rd option – temporary resignation. We have proposed a 4th option – we asked if they could give us another 3-4 months of translation time to show whether or not we can make sufficient progress to justify staying in the ministry of translation at this time. The potential difference in these few months compared to the past year should be that we have completed most of the tasks that required so much of my attention. We have gone through a huge learning curve and are now better equipped to care for my mother, and we have acquired some help from outsiders with certain tasks. These changes are allowing me to make better progress in translating the book of I Corinthians.

Unlike our federal government with its current stalemate, we are not at odds with our leadership, and all parties involved in these discussions have the same goal – God’s will to be done & for Him to be glorified. We should know more definite sometime next week what our future ministry with NTM will look like. For now, we are waiting on the Lord, enjoying His sovereignty, and are eliciting your prayers for wisdom. Please pray with us and our leadership that we will know God’s will in this situation. We want to follow God’s plan, so if that means we need to temporarily resign from NTM, then that is what we will do. We know that He will provide another ministry or a “regular” job if we have to resign. We also know that He can enable me to make better progress in the translation, if that is the path He wants us to take.

Just for clarity, if we do have to resign from NTM, we intend for that to be a temporary move, and NTM has stated that we will be welcomed back into the mission when we are ready to return to PNG. So please pray with us regarding knowing God’s will in this time of uncertainty.

Attached is a copy of our recent prayer card.

Thanks for partnering with us through prayer and financial support,

If you are interested in partnering with us financially: you can do so online using the link in the left column. To send a check, use the mission address at the bottom of this page, and designate it for Rich and Dawn Foster
**we receive 100% of your monetary gift**
If you are interested in partnering with us in prayer: go to the throne of grace and make your requests known to God