Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!
Dear Family and Friends,
Thanks for joining with us in ministry here in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. We have a number of items to praise God for this month and share them here with you now.
1. Ruth participated in a week-long evaluation of Sous Espwa’s partner, PWOFOD, which is a diaconal training program. She enjoyed the opportunity to visit the field and see and hear what God is doing through the work of these faithful servants. One comment that came out of the evaluation often was that the impact of PWOFOD‘s ministry is much greater than what any of us had realized. One of these impacts included implementing literacy classes. Nearly 53% of the population of Haiti is unable to read and write. One young man shared that he had been a part of these classes for a little over a year. When he began, he could not write his name. “lf you ask me today to read the Bible, I could do it.“ And we did. We chose a passage in the Scriptures and this young man read it beautifully. His life has been changed!
2. PWOFOD’s building was destroyed during the earthquake on January 12, 2010. This month, we celebrated the inauguration of its beautiful, new building. Special thanks goes to those who supported CRWRC International Disaster Relief, groups who gave project funds towards the construction and to all those who worked on the foundation.
3. Howard joined a delegation of 25 Haitians and Dominicans to discuss possibilities for collaboration. Representatives from four of our partner organizations were able to participate.
4. Sous Espwa hosted a group of eight pastors from the Holland, Ml area for a Look, Learn and Listen visit. We praise God for leading these men to Haiti and look forward to building these relationships.
5. Larry, Tracey, and Samuel Luth arrived and have recently moved into their own home. They are beginning language study and orientation to the country and ministries of Sous Espwa.
6. In November we look forward to Lesley Toussaint returning to join our team and her husband, Diego. She is joined by her newborn, Emilio and two-year old daughter, Julianna. Please pray for smooth transitions back to Haiti for all.
Thank you for bringing these Praises and requests before our mighty God.
Love, Howard Ruth, Natasha, Micah, anal Malieke Van Dam