My dear friends, family, and supporters,

It’s November which means that the Christmas season has been in full-swing here in the Dominican Republic for about a month! While you all are preparing for Thanksgiving, we are singing Christmas songs under the palm trees in 90 degree heat and 90% humidity. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be! I pray that this email finds you and your family well. I pray for many of you specifically every day. Please never be afraid to let me know how I can be praying for you! Thank you for so faithfully praying for me and supporting me financially. I am honored to be your partner in the Lord’s work in Monte Plata.


It’s hard to believe that in just 5 short weeks we will be finishing our first semester of the school year (my third semester at the Eva M. Russell School). Praise God! We are serving 159 children this year who each represent a family in need of the Lord’s provision to meet their physical, spiritual, and emotional needs. I found out today that 37% of our children (59 students) are too old for their grade level. That means that they have been retained in the same grade at least once after failing a year of school or that they didn’t enter school when they were supposed to due to a lack of resources in their family. Our kids have a great need for better education but an even greater need to know the love of Jesus. Thank you for praying for us as we seek to introduce them to both! I encourage you to take a look at my most recent blog post (Una Maestra con una Misión) to get a better glimpse at the battles we are fighting each day.

Here are some specific prayer requests for those of you who would like to join us (or better said, join us as we join the Lord) in the battle against hopelessness and darkness here in Monte Plata.

  • Our school only has 47% of the necessary sponsorship support needed to function every month. Amazingly, the Lord ALWAYS provides the other 53% somehow, but there are so many things we’d love to be doing for our kids that we are unable to do due to low sponsorship. Please prayerfully consider sponsoring one of our children for $39/mo and contact me if you are interested!
  • This Sunday we will be receiving 3 new children at the Casa Monte Plata residential site. This will bring our current total to 20 orphans for whom we are caring. Please pray for the transition of these three sweet children who lost their mother to cancer just two weeks ago. Please also consider becoming one of their first sponsors for $39/mo!
  • We have 2 young men who will be transitioning out of Casa Monte Plata in January since they are now 18. Please pray that the Lord provides the resources and mentors needed to help them make the transition successfully. 
  • Please continue to pray that the Lord will provide a married, Christian, Dominican couple to serve as missionary house parents at Casa Monte Plata. 
  • Please pray for one of our 13 year old students, Debbie*. I cannot give specific information about her situation, but she is in need of a great deal of prayer. 

Thank you again for your continued support, love, encouragement. As I said before, please don’t hesitate to share how I can pray for you!

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. -Romans 15:5-6

Love and Gratitude in Christ,

I am currently looking for two or three more monthly financial supporters who can give $10-$25 a month to help me cover ministry expenses. If you would like to join my monthly support team, please email me or simply use the donation link at the bottom of this page

*Name changed to protect child privacy.