Dear friends and family,
We hope you are gearing up for nice weather and a wonderful summer! Summer truly is Elise’s favorite time of the year, while Trey would chime in that Fall is his favorite time! I guess you could say that ‘some like it hot’!
First and foremost, we want to once again THANK YOU for how you have shown your love and support (emotional, physical, financial) to us in so many ways. We truly do count it a privilege to live in Europe and serve our Lord here. Knowing that you love, support and pray for us and our family makes all the difference! A special thank you to those of you who give faithfully to the SBC Cooperative Program which gives us the financial means to stay here.
With that in mind, here are our answers to prayer:
- Bret will continue at SWOSU and has a new coach, Bob Battisti! Bret will be in summer school and will be working in the cafeteria at SWOSU. We are grateful for God’s provision.
- Ryan and Bret have both finished well in their classes this semester!
- Our colleague, Danna Berry, has recovered quickly from her back injury which put her in the hospital in Zagreb for a week. We were so thankful to see her as each of our families were at the C3 Spiritual Retreat in Vajta, Hungary. Our other colleague, Karen, that we had you pray for is also doing better and recovering from her loss.
- The news from home indicates that my step brother-in-law, Mike, and his sons, Grant and Garrett, are doing well, in spite of the loss of their amazing wife and mother. God’s GRACE truly is SUFFICIENT! Continue to pray for God’s comfort and peace as they have just recently been through their first Mother’s Day without Tracy and Grant’s high school graduation is coming up on June 8.
We are entering into a very busy time of ministry in the next few months. Because of the opportunity that the Lord gave us to be MIR’s at Ouachita Baptist University during the 2011-2012 school year, we have an OBU mission team of 11 students and 3 leaders coming to Bratislava on May 13th! We will be having an orientation day for them on May 14th and then send them to 3 different places of ministry where they will be working alongside our IMB personnel in Prague, Czech Republic, Debrecen and Budapest, Hungary. We will accompany the OBU team to Debrecen and work alongside them in coffeehouse ministry, English Clubs, concerts, etc.
- Pray for all of those involved in this mission trip and ask that each one would be sensitive to the Lord’s leading as they live out their faith and that they would be healthy in every sense of the word.
- Pray for each of these cities and ask that God would, even now, be preparing the hearts of people there to have spiritual ears to hear and hearts to receive the message of the good news of Jesus Christ.
Here are some requests for our sons:
- Pray that God would provide a summer job and direction for our son, Ryan.
- Pray that Bret would be successful in his job and summer school and that he would be protected from injury as he trains for the 2013-2014 SWOSU Basketball season.
Spiritual retreat with IMB colleagues in Croatia, Hungary and Slovenia.
Our European Affinity Leader’s wife, Susie, came for a visit to Bratislava
Spiritual Retreat in Vajta, Hungary
Baby Shower for IMB Colleague, Charity, and baby Nora!
Hospital visit to see baby Nora!
With Our Love,
Trey and Elise