Dear family and friends,
Wow! It seems hard to believe that 13 days of 2013 are already history! I am excited about what wonderful things the Lord has in store for us this year. It is sure to mean tons of blessings, but it may also mean some difficult trials. We can be assured that whatever comes our way, that it is part of God’s perfect plan for our lives. GOD IS GOOD!
Since I don’t really have a whole lot of new and exciting news to share, and this letter is really overdue, I will just share a few things that are happening in our lives. I had some photos to include, but that will have to wait until my next update since my camera (with pictures) is in my classroom at school.
At the beginning of each new year I always choose a verse from scripture to memorize and apply to my life though out the calendar year. As I was taking a bit of time off from my extremely busy school schedule during the holiday season, I had some time to step back and reflect on how things have gone for the first half of the school year. I also considered my goals and objectives for the last half of the school year. I spent some time praying and seeking the Lord as to how I can be a better teacher to the 6 students that the Lord has in my class for this year. I decided to chose a portion of scripture this year instead of just one verse. My verses are from 2 Peter 1: 3-8. I will share a couple of the highlights with you. His divine power has given us ALL THINGS that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him. We have His great and precious promises! The Lord desires that I be diligent and add the following virtues to my faith: knowledge, temperance (self-control), patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, and charity (love). I desire that these things abound in my life and, only then, will there be much spiritual fruit.
Our new chapel here at NTM Homes is coming along. There is a team of guys putting up sheetrock right now. The walls in the new office section have been prepared for painting. Brad told me that he picked out the color of paint for his walls from a selection that he was offered. I have not yet heard when the new chapel and offices will be in use, but I do know that there is still plenty of work that needs to be done. They are choosing the color of the carpeting, preparing to pour the cement for the driveway leading up to the chapel, and other misc. tasks. It has been exciting to see the Lord bring in finances for this project. All money coming in and going out goes through the books that Brad is keeping. When Brad and I moved here in March of 2011, the projected completion date was January 2013. There have been lots of things that have taken extra time and they are behind schedule. I will try to include a photo in the next month or so and you can have a better idea of what I am talking about. As you may know, photography is one of Brad’s hobbies. A number of years ago Brad had some of his photos put on the front cover of our mission magazine (Brown Gold). Brad is considering different ideas of how to frame some of these so he can hang them in his new office once he moves in.
We value your prayers for us. We know that we SO desperately need God’s wisdom and grace as we serve Him here in Florida.
- Please pray for Brad as he works with numbers, spread sheets, accounts, e-mail messages, receipts, creditors, on a daily basis.
- Brad has quite a bit of interaction with different ones at our mission headquarters located just over a mile down the road.
- Brad works closely with Homes staff members. He also sees some of the retired missionaries in his office when they have financial questions.
I, Wanda keep very busy with my school responsibilities. I teach reading, English, spelling, handwriting, math, science, history, geography, Bible, and art to my first and second grade students.
- I have to plan lessons, prepare for the teaching, teach the lessons and then evaluate and grade my student’s work.
- We meet as a school staff 2 mornings a week at 7:15 for devotions and school related business.
- I work with students, parents, and staff members.
- I need God’s wisdom as I seek to understand and meet the educational, emotional, and spiritual needs of each one of my students.
Brad and I are involved with our faith family at Crossway Church, which is located in Orange City, Florida. This includes Sunday meetings, fellowship times and Bible study.
- Please pray that we will faithfully spend quality time with the Lord.
- Please pray that we will be so very sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit as He uses His Word in our lives.
- We desire to become more like Jesus in all areas of our lives.
By His grace,
Wanda (and Brad) Hull