Dear family and friends,
October was a flurry of activity and now the holidays are quickly approaching! There have been no complaints about the beautiful weather we have had here in Bratislava! We are just now having temperatures in the 40’s after having tons of sunshine and temps in the 50’s and 60’s! In all of the 15 years we have lived in Europe, this is the BEST FALL EVER!
Trey and I started the first Saturday of October being guest speakers at the TWR (TransWorld Radio) Annual Staff Retreat, and thoroughly enjoyed meeting the workers and their families, and having the opportunity to interact with them! We had European Affinity Leadership meetings in Prague, Czech Republic while Trey went ‘solo’ to Nagykanizsa (can you say that?!), Hungary to meet with the Team Strategy Leaders from Croatia, Hungary and Slovenia. We also were invited by Trey’s brother, Dave, to meet him and his new Hungarian girlfriend in Budapest for a few days. We had a great time with them and Andi, Dave’s girlfriend, was a great tour guide for us as she lived in Budapest for a year and a half!
It has been exciting to see how God brings people into our lives that He has been pursuing with His love so that we may continue to show His love to them and share His truths with them! Please pray that each of these friends would fully embrace the One who loves them so deeply and that they would enter into a divine romance:
- *M, my Brazilian neighbor who speaks very little English, yet has heard the gospel message from my IMB coworkers that I introduced her to who both speak Portuguese!
- *Z, who was a high school exchange student in LA and gave her life to Christ while living there.
- *M, who is a University student and studied English with my colleagues in Prague while she was an exchange student there last fall.
- *N, who is from CA, but is now living in Bratislava with her husband; we met on our ‘standing room only’ train experience from Prague to Bratislava! What an amazing journey God has us on!
We would ask you to remember these personal requests for our family:
- Ask for healing for Trey as all of the travel has taken a toll on his body. He has been fighting a virus for the last two weeks and just can’t seem to shake it.
- Elise will be leading the Eastern Hungary Team through a Grip Birkman Team Building Workshop on Friday, November 29th. Pray for God’s wisdom and peace as Elise prepares, coaches and leads this workshop.
- Pray for strength and endurance as we prepare annual evaluations for our personnel (thirty-eight!) and share these reports with them (often through Skype).
- Remember Ryan as he considers where to do an internship next Spring for his Political Science major and as he considers what classes to take and how often he should work in his final semester at California Baptist University.
- Ask that Bret would be disciplined in completing his studies as he in the thick of lots of road trips for Basketball with SWOSU (Southwestern Oklahoma State University). Ask that God would protect him from injury and that he find favor with the coach and get some good playing time in.
We will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Debrecen, Hungary with our IMB colleagues and We are SO THANKFUL for YOU and how you support and love our family in so many tangible ways. We appreciate your prayers, friendship, and financial help so that we can continue to serve our IMB personnel as well as minister to the people God sends our way here in Central Europe!
With Our Love,
Trey and Elise