Dear family and friends,
Well, time definitely marches on and, unfortunately, I haven’t gotten a newsletter out for awhile. It’s not that I haven’t thought about it or thought about you – the hands just haven’t hit the keyboard to make this happen!
We are thankful for God’s abundant blessings in all areas of our lives. Please rejoice with us in just a few of these:
- Bret’s team, ETBU (East Texas Baptist University), made the ‘Elite Eight’ in the NCAA Division III Basketball tournament and finished #19 in the nation! Bret had over 400 minutes of play in comparison to around 50 last year at SWOSU (Southwestern Oklahoma State University)!
- Ryan and Summer are doing well in China and are even seeking to return for both of them to teach English in the fall! They will return to California in June/July to enjoy family, friends, food, and be a part of several weddings while in the US.
- Opportunities to build up the Body of Christ as we live here in Slovakia and travel throughout Central Europe visiting our colleagues and nationals, as well as while we were in Germany helping with a conference for those who are fairly new to cross-cultural living in Europe.
- A new church has begun in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic, where our colleagues have labored a decade, and we got to be a part of this new beginning!
- Reports of 27 people coming to faith in Christ in Central Europe! A decade ago, this would have been more than the total for a year.
Your encouragement and prayers for us, our family, and Central Europe are a big part of why we are seeing these blessings!
We would ask you to continue in your prayers so that you can rejoice with us once again as God, in His mercy, answers our petitions in the following areas:
- Bret and Summer to finish strong in their last few weeks of the semester. Our daughter in love, Summer, will be graduating in May from CBU (California Baptist University) with a degree in Business Finance! Rejoice with us in that news as well!
- Wisdom for Ryan and Summer as they put plans in place for their return to Dalian, China in the fall.
- Safety as Trey and Elise visit the Southwest Poland and Croatia teams as well as a few other ministry partners in the area. Ask that the Lord would use us to encourage everyone we meet.
- Like-minded national partners in Slovakia who have a desire for beginning new work in the country.
In His Love,
Trey and Elise