I’m so sorry that I haven’t written in ages!! These days have been busy ones for me, as it seems like all my speaking engagements this furlough have come up all in the past couple of months! Last month I was able to go back to the town where I grew up, so that was a lot of fun. We moved from there when I was 13, so there was a great sense of dé jà vu wherever I went and it was fun to catch up with a lot of friends whom I haven’t seen in many years.
With all the activity going on, it has been amazing to turn around and see that the month of April has not only arrived, but that it is already half over! I will be returning to Papua New Guinea very soon, flying out in about 12 days. Hard to believe that my year at home is coming to an end, and as I look back, I am so grateful for so many special friends and family and opportunities that have come my way. I know that I am very blessed and I am thankful to the Lord for His goodness. I am also grateful for the rest and rejuvenation that I’ve been able to achieve, and I’ll be heading back much healthier than when I arrived last year!
I am looking forward to seeing my teammates and Mengen friends once again! Sounds like the church has really grown this year, with outreaches expanding into several new locations and some of our own Mengen friends going out as missionaries to their own people! So awesome to see what God is doing.
There is much to pray for in the coming days:
- Pray that my trip would go smoothly. I’ll be traveling 36 hours straight through, with almost no layovers. Pray especially that my luggage would arrive with me and that I would recover quickly from the lonnnggg trip!
- Pray that my transition back to the hot tropics and also back to my ministry would go well, and that our team would have strong relationships.
- Pray for Keri and I as we do Bible translation, that the Lord would give us wisdom and insight as we seek to make His Word clear in the Mengen language.
- Pray for the Mengen church, as there are many distractions and difficulties in their day-to-day lives. Pray that they would be a good testimony to their unsaved family and friends.
- Pray for the many unbelievers in our area, that the Lord would work in their hearts and draw them to Himself.
Thanks so much for your faithful prayers for me. I appreciate you all so much.
With praise to the King.