Dear family and friends,
October has been a whirlwind of activity for us in the cities of Warsaw and Wroclaw, Poland to Prague, Hradec Kralove, and Vysoko Myto, Czech Republic as we had a great time visiting 4 of the 14 teams that we supervise and attended meetings where we met several national partners that are working with our colleagues; it has been exciting to see them have such a passion for their communities hear and receive the good news of Jesus. November has begun with yet another trip to Austria for a leadership meeting with colleagues and it was very encouraging. The icing on the cake was being able to see Trey’s parents in Prague, Czech Republic and spend a few days with them touring the city. Prague truly needs to be on your ‘bucket list’ if you want to see a breathtakingly beautiful city!
Ryan is really enjoying his internship at the American Embassy in Zagreb and got to meet and shake hands with Hillary Clinton last week! It has been a great experience for him and he does have the opportunity to extend his time until December, if he chooses. He has seen lots of his old friends from his school and basketball days in Croatia which has been fun for him.
Bret is playing Oregon University in Oregon this evening in an exhibition game and his first game of the season is Friday, November
9th against West Texas A&M. If you are up at 7 PM pacific, you can watch the live stream of the exhibition tonight here. We think it is free, but are not positive. You can go to www.swosusports.com and see his home games via live-stream. He is really excited about this season and the Bulldogs are ranked #2 in the GAC (Great American Conference) preseason poll.
As Thanksgiving season is upon us, we want to extend our thanks to each of you for loving our family and praying for us so faithfully. HAPPY THANKSGIVING from us to you!
- Opportunities to share the good news with our neighbors and others in Bratislava.
- God to give us safe travel and use us to encourage the Western Hungary and Krakow, Poland Teams.
- God to bless Elise’s discipling relationship with Veronika.
- Discipline in language learning and culture acquisition.
- Wisdom for Ryan in whether to extend his internship in Zagreb and discipline in getting his classwork done for 6 hours credit at CBU. (California Baptist University) Ask that he would remain sensitive to the Lord working in his life.
- Ask that Bret would be injury free and healthy during Basketball season and that he would be diligent in his studies as well as in
- developing his relationship with God.
With Our Love,
Elise and Trey