He is an adjunct professor, meaning he doesn’t work full time at IBC, but he takes a real interest in the students while he’s on campus. Each day he works out with several of the guys. A few days ago he shared with them that he had just received a call from his wife informing him that her mother had passed away. Compassionately, the men rallied around him and prayed for him!
What an encouragement to hear of the students ministering to the staff! Perhaps the Lord is “restoring the years the locusts have eaten.” Just a few other glimpses on campus:
- Elena started taking piano just a couple of weeks ago. The enthusiasm with which she started this new adventure remains undiminished by a serious injury to her index finger on her left hand. What a delight to work with her!
- There are seven, maybe eight (one student has only shown up once) students in my Personal Finance class. So far the seven are there early, are working hard on figuring out how to double the money I entrusted to their groups, and seem genuinely interested in developing a Godly perspective on money.
- I have five guitar students this semester and no voice students. ALL the guitar students are working hard, pushing through sore fingers, determined to learn and grow.
I am very encouraged by the attitudes I see modeled thus far. Another answer to prayer is that the women students have moved back into the dorm in full force, including into the very room where the suicide took place. God is blessing!
February looks like a busy month, starting with training in Phoenix next weekend for the missions course I am teaching. The following weekend one of my nephews is to be married in Phoenix. The next week I will be attending a conference on accreditation in Orlando, Florida. The last week of February will be the beginning of term 2 and I will be teaching the Creative Ministry Methods preliminary information.
Please join me in praying:
- That the students would continue to follow after God with enthusiasm and determination.
- That God would be glorified and I would be prepared and effective in all the tasks ahead of me.
- That God would continue to provide financially for the complete price of the “Barn.”