Dear Prayer Warriors,
As we have been travelling around Australia these past three months, we have spoken to some of you about the PNG flight programme’s desperate need of pilots. Our only pilot licensed to fly the twin-engined King Air plane is planning to go on at least one year’s home assignment in June 2014 and it seemed that there could no be any flights to Cairns in particular and that the whole flight programme may even need to close down.
This was cause for great concern as you will realise. However, we have just received the following message from our co-workers in PNG. Please pray earnestly and give if the Lord prompts and enables you to do so. It seems the Lord is providing an unexpected way to meet this need.
If NTM PNG can purchase a Kodiak by the new year, then the lack of pilots might not be as detrimental to the work in the tribes.
SPECIAL PROJECT: New Kodiak Plane for Papua New Guinea
Many places Papua where we have served are so remote that it’s nearly impossible for any kind of vehicle to get to them. To serve them, the Technical Service team rely on aircraft the same way most of you rely on a car and so do the other support missionaries who buy their supplies for them and get them out to their bush locations. The tribal church planting missionaries rely on these aircraft also to carry them and their families to and from their homes in tribal villages. In recent years, our situation has been sort of like relying on aging subcompacts that require premium gasoline. The pilots and mechanics of NTM Aviation who serve them all need a better tool.
And that’s what the Kodiak airplane is. This is a plane developed specifically for missions work in remote areas. It’s built to carry ten passengers or a ton of cargo, and it can land and take off in high altitudes on very short runways — perfect for missionaries like our team-mates! To see a video promoting the Kodiak plane for NTM go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mad1r63c7sE or you can learn more about the Kodiak from www.questaircraft.com
New Tribes Mission is hoping to put a Kodiak into service for us and our team-mates next year, and you can help make this possible.
- Will you please pray with us that God will provide the $2,485,000 needed for the plane?
- Will you please ask God if He wants you to help meet this need?
- Will you prayerfully consider sharing this need with others, so they can take part in prayer and giving?
You can find out more about this project and give online at: go.ntm.org/pngkodiak
If you wish to give:
If you are American or Canadian:
- If you wish to give by phone you may call toll free (866) 547-2460. When you call specify your gift for the PNG Kodiak Project.
- If you wish to give by check please make your check payable to New Tribes Mission and note that your gift is for the PNG Kodiak Project and mail it to New Tribes Mission, 1000 East First Street, Sanford, FL 32771
- OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are Australian:
Please send your cheque to CrossView, 11 Mission Tce, Lakewood NSW 2443 . Please make your cheque payable to Cross View Australia and ask them to send the money to NTMA PNG for the PNG Kodiak Project.
Thank you for joining with us in asking the Lord to meet this great need,
Bill and Lynette Cottam