Thank you so much for your prayers and continued support. I’ve put together some photos of the missions conference and Creative Ministry Class that just finished up last week. Currently the students and three staff members are in Hemet California ministering on and around the Soboba Indian Reservation.
The rest of us are working on accreditation this week and next. Students will be on spring break next week. Our final term of the semester begins April13.
I’ll be overseeing Applied Math and Finance in addition to the introductory missions course and teaching piano and guitar.
Please join us in prayer for this final term and for student recruitment for fall (see below). Pray for continued spiritual
growth for all of us and that we will finish well.
Have a blessed Easter and may God grant you a time of growth in terms of vegetation as well as in your own personal lives.
IBC DAY OF PRAYER AND FASTING
For the Recruitment of IBC Students
April 9, 2015
We are asking God’s people who believe in the Indian Bible College to stand with us in prayer, and fasting as the Lord leads, on Thursday, April 9th.
Director of Admissions Daniel Esplin says, “At IBC prospective students have a unique obstacle to applications as they go through the admissions process — spiritual opposition. I have seen more and more applicants who desire to attend IBC and further their knowledge of the Scriptures face spiritual opposition and quit. A death in the family, financial crisis, opposition from family members, or lies about their calling are just a few examples of the challenges applicants face during the admissions process. Please join with me in praying for 15 or more new students for this fall semester. These applicants need your prayers to face spiritual opposition that may arise as they follow God’s call on their lives.”
Regional Director of Extension Studies Josh Manning comments, “The enemy does not want Native lives to be transformed by grace and truth. I truly believe that IBC extension studies expand the reach of God’s transforming work. For this reason, we see spiritual opposition in many of the challenges that have hindered the initial impact of extension studies. We must prayerfully trust God to be the One to break through these barriers in His way and time, and follow as He leads!”
The school and its partners will be joining together from all parts of the country and the world to petition God for grace and mercy to be poured out on the Indian Bible College for its work among Native Americans over the coming years.
Native America needs theologically sound, mature, and effective Christian leaders. IBC is uniquely designed to successfully train these leaders, but gifted and called students must persevere and actually attend. Satan is fierce in his opposition to student recruitment. Please consider joining us in crying out to God on behalf of these men and women whom He has chosen to study here at IBC.
JOIN WITH US AS WE PETITION OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN FOR THE FUTURE OF NATIVE CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP!
The prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective James 5:16.
PRAYER GUIDE for IBC Day of Prayer and Fasting
You are encouraged to fast in whatever way the Lord leads you, such as: juice fast (drinking only juice to keep blood sugar up), bstaining from just one meal, doing a 24- hour fast (6PM Wednesday to 6PM Thursday), etc.
For full-time recruitment:
- Thank the Lord for the larger student body over the last few years.
- Pray for the six students currently working on applications.
- Pray for at least 15 more new or transfer students to apply for fall semester; pray that they would resist Satan’s schemes to oppose their pursuit of full-time studies.
- Pray that we could resolve our current challenges with our website, which is one of our main recruitment tools.
- Pray for the efforts of Daniel Esplin (Director of Admissions) to develop trusting relationships with Native ministry leaders and for his upcoming recruitment travels (Montana and Missouri).
For extension studies recruitment:
- Thank the Lord for a great new extension program called the Christian Ministry Certificate (CMC). Also give thanks for the five students pursuing the CMC (most in Flagstaff).
- Pray that the Lord would bring the info on the CMC to dozens of potential students that want to grow and be trained without leaving where they live; pray that Satan’s distractions would be ignored and that they would follow through.
- Pray for the Lord’s wisdom for IBC as we continue to develop the online offerings of these classes.
- Pray for Josh Manning (Director of Extension Studies, New Mexico Region) and his efforts to recruit students and offer classes in Albuquerque and Window Rock.
For accreditation work*
- Thank the Lord for acceptance into “Applicant Status” with the Association for Biblical Higher Education in Feburary 2014.
- Pray for the writing of the self-study document this summer, that it would be sufficient to see IBC accepted into “Candidate Status” in February 2017.
- Pray for Academic Dean Kevin Newman’s leadership of the accreditation process, that he would lead with wisdom and boldness.
*The lack of accreditation is the greatest single practical obstacle to effective student recruitment and retention.