Hello, happy Easter, none of you know me yet, but my name is Abigail. I just started volunteering at MMOL a couple months ago doing a number of different things. I’ve had the awesome experience this month of meeting the newest missionary to England, Grace Schmidt.
She not only has an amazing mission in England but is a very interesting person with an inspiring passion for Christ.
I was able to meet with her and Laurie for coffee the other day, so here’s what’s new:
- Grace’s mission has moved from Hoylake to London! She is now going to be serving at a different church, but with the same mission in mind.
- She still needs support, both prayer and financial. At the moment she is 34% towards her goal! Thank you everyone for the support so far, and please spread the word about Grace to help her reach 100%.
- For more information on Grace, visit https://mmol.org/schmidt/ or watch my interview with her here.
As far as other MMOL news: In the Asia Pacific region, Amos Collins and the PMA have gotten new clearance to fly higher, making it possible to fly in stormy weather if needed. Read more here. This helps them be more effective with medical flights, etc. The Timblins, serving with UIMA in the the Southwest region of the USA, report their airplanes have been undergoing extensive maintenance and are aiding missions in Mexico. Read more here. The students and faculty of Indian Bible College went on a mission trip to South Dakota earlier this month, and returned recently. Read more here.
Please pray for:
- The Timblins and UIM Aviation as one of their airplanes had a rough landing in Mexico.
- The Aholts are hosting some Intentional parenting classes, so pray that it goes well
- Jonathan and Hannah Romaine’s son died recently of childhood cancer, so please pray for healing and faith for his parents
- For Martha Gushee, as she just had an eye surgery and has a busy month ahead of her
- So many others
Here is Grace’s favorite bible passage: Psalm 29.
1 Ascribe to the Lord, you heavenly beings,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
3 The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the Lord thunders over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful;
the voice of the Lord is majestic.
5 The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars;
the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon leap like a calf,
Sirion like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the Lord strikes
with flashes of lightning.
8 The voice of the Lord shakes the desert;
the Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the Lord twists the oaks[c]
and strips the forests bare.
And in his temple all cry, “Glory!”
10 The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
the Lord is enthroned as King forever.
11 The Lord gives strength to his people;
the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Thank you for reading and have a blessed day!
You must be logged in to post a comment.