Thank you for your prayers for Jason and others affected by the Tunnel Fire in Flagstaff, AZ. I understand that the fire is 92% “contained,” and those who were in the path of the fire have been allowed to return to their homes. Unfortunately, many of those homes that were not destroyed or outwardly damaged by the fire are still uninhabitable because of smoke and soot. Please continue to pray for the Koppen family as they navigate these traumatic times.
In the month of May, we celebrate the completion of another year at IBC. Classes end on the 13th. On the 21st we will honor the 7 students who will be completing their one-year certificate, 2 finishing their associates, and 4 graduating with bachelor’s degrees. For most of the bachelor’s graduates, this represents more than 4 years of effort. Most students remain as long as 5 or 6 years to maximize the opportunity for spiritual and personal growth, leadership development, and life transformation. I believe all the graduates who are not receiving bachelor’s degrees will be returning to IBC in the fall.
In May we also conduct evaluations of all our classes and programs, including Life Coaching and Christian Service Assignments, so I will be busy preparing, administering, and tabulating those.
• There will be a promotional weekend the 14th and 15th before finals.
• Final exams will be on the 17th and 18th.
• May 19th we will celebrate the bachelor graduates with a luncheon dedicated to affirming and encouraging them.
• May 20th we will be enjoying student presentations and a display of their skills in ministry at the Student Ministry Showcase, as well as having an alumni dinner.
• May 21st will be a graduate luncheon to celebrate all those graduating and then finally we will have our Commencement service at 2 p.m. If you would like to attend virtually, please use the following link to live stream: https://youtu.be/wvpX9Dop_DM .
Be on the lookout for the IBC spring newsletter. Pray we can get it printed with the difficulties of procuring supplies, including 11 x 17 paper!
Thank you for praying for the above activities as you remember.