Greetings in the Name of Jesus!
The state of Florida is in the midst of the Coronavirus / COVID- 19 epidemic.
Our Leadership Team here shared the following statement.
On March 14th Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced that he has instructed the state agency overseeing the Homes Assisted Living Facility – to extend visiting restrictions for all nursing homes and assisted living facilities in the State of Florida. As of March 14, no visitors are allowed in ALF’s (Assisted Living Facilities) – including the Homes Latham Center – except in cases of bereavement. This restriction is to last for 30 days. We encourage family and friends to visit frequently by phone or other non-contact methods but visiting inside the Latham Center is not going to be possible for the next 30 days.
Additionally, out of an abundance of caution, The Homes Leadership Team has adopted Health Department guidelines by encouraging Homes residents to follow CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines and avoid groups of individuals. Therefore, visits from off the Homes property are discouraged and all Homes Chapel meetings are being suspended for the next 30 days.
How does all of this affect the two of us as we go about our daily jobs and responsibilities? My job as the Director of Housekeeping means that I am tasked with the job of doing the best I can to clean and disinfect resident rooms and public areas within the Latham Center. I am supervising a handful of staff and volunteers as they help with the normal jobs as well as the extra things that have been added on due to this medical situation. The Latham Center is the home of 24 elderly retired missionaries as well as 2 staff ladies. Each staff member or volunteer is now screened at the door and is required to wear a face mask when inside of the building. This is inconvenient, but we want to protect our vulnerable seniors.
Brad’s time attending the workshop about the new software accounting program earlier this month did indeed give him more information. He will have to start using it at the beginning of May. He is still trying to figure things out. He has a lot of work ahead of him.
Please pray with us about the following items:
- Wanda – Added cleaning and supervising responsibilities in the Latham Center
- Brad – Learning the new accounting program and coming up with the simplest ways to do the normal accounting transactions with the new program
- NTM Homes – The health and safety of ALL the residents and staff here at NTM Homes
- That all will trust in the Lord and walk in faith and not fear
- That staff and residents will be an encouragement to one another as we navigate the challenges each day brings
- We still have some critical staffing needs and are asking the Lord to send us the ones He would want to join our team
Servants of the Lord at The Homes of Ethnos360,
Brad & Wanda Hull