New Year Greetings from Steve and Sandy Aholt,
Ministry: We are thankful to report that Vero’s sores on her foot are healed and she is just now finishing her last strong antibiotics. Mathew and his family will begin their trip back home to Biom, that is near Bundi, on Monday (20th). Thank you for your prayers for them as they return home after being away since October.
Thank you for your continue prayers about the church discipline issue at Bundi Baptist Church. Kasi, a deacon, has disqualified himself from that work by falling to the temptation of sexual sins. He is unrepentant and is causing division in the church. The church has asked Mathew to be their pastor. However, Kasi continues to threaten violence against his removal, and he has self-proclaimed himself as their pastor. The area church pastors will be able to meet with Mathew in February to help the church and him deal with Kasi.
We have attended an Aqua Fitness class three days each week for the past three years. This was initially done for our physical benefit, but it has turned into a ministry outreach, as many of the people in the class are unchurched. One couple has asked if they can begin to study the Bible with us. This coming Wednesday will be the first time.
There are many people around us who are not doing things God’s way in their marriages. This leads to problems, and all too often those problems lead to separation and divorce. We are in the midst of dialogue with two couples who are going down that road.
Ministry Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Mathew and his family as they travel back to their home. The last part will be hiking up a mountain.
- Pray that Kasi would submit to the discipline of the church without violence and tribal retaliation.
- Pray that the Lord would be glorified through this church discipline process.
- Pray for the transition as Mathew begins his work as pastor of Bundi Baptist Church.
- Pray that the couple would see their need of salvation in Christ.
- Pray that couples would put Christ as the central focus of their lives.
Family: The day after Christmas we travelled to spend time with our daughter’s family in Columbus, Ohio. That was a great way to end 2019 and begin 2020. God provided us with safety and some special times together with each of them. That time always goes by much to quickly)!
Sandy’s work position with the local school system has been a challenge for her. She is getting lots of exercise even though she is missing one Aqua Fitness class each week.
What do you call a person who is happy on Monday? Retired. Now that Steve is retired he finds that when he is at the end of something, he is at the beginning of something else. But, at the end of every day, he is thankful that his blessings out-number his problems. Some have asked what he does with his time. God made our bodies to do work. At different times in our lives “work” takes on a new definition. The older we get the more that we realize that there are some things that we used to do, that we no longer can do! Possibly that is wisdom speaking.
Salem Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, NC has been our home and sending church since 1982. We are living in Raytown, MO. Please pray as we search for a local church where we can become active members.
Family Prayer Requests:
- Pray for healing and good health for our family members.
- Pray that Sandy’s work experiences would point people to Christ.
- Pray that we will be sensitive daily to God’s direction.
- Pray that we would be able to find God’s choice for us in local church membership.
- Praise the Lord for those who are supporting us financially in our retirement years.
- One lady has returned to church and is receiving counseling.
- Sandy’s dad is recovering well after TAVR procedure in October, and he is doing therapy.
Listening for the trump,
Steve and Sandy Aholt