Seasons of Change
I love Wisconsin – always have – because of the four distinct seasons we have. Contrary to the popular belief that it is always winter here in the Frozen Tundra, we actually do have spring, summer (okay, it’s short!) and autumn. When I was in the tropics of Brazil and the desert mountains of Mexico, I really missed spring flowers and fall colors!
My life over the past year has had more than four seasons, or so it seemed. In August 2018 I was hired as the Spanish teacher at my alma mater, Fox Valley Christian Academy. It was an amazing, sometimes painful, learning experience for me and God used me to impact the lives of many children.
Unfortunately, the Academy was not able to rehire me this year, prompting me to look for part-time work elsewhere. I have been with the Mission for over 30 years, so doing online applications, resumes, cover letters and interviews is a whole new world for me! I know most of you are experienced with all this – well, now I know what you have been going through all YOUR life! I have some promising leads. I pray God will place me, not merely where I can have an income, but where He can use me to be the light and life of Jesus to others.
My health has been a “soap opera” for the past year! My sciatica got so bad that I had two cortisone injections (mostly ineffective) and then spinal surgery (a bilateral laminectomy) in mid-June. The recovery from that surgery is still ongoing four months later. While the lower back pain is gone (PRAISE!), I have constant debilitating agonizing pain in both feet.
Through all this I have been working (long distance) with my coworker Dale to complete his second Bible lesson book in Tarahumara/Spanish. I’m done with proofreading the Spanish half of the book; we are still deciding on illustrations for each story. I also have 24 Tarahumara lessons left to proofread. Hopefully we can finish this book by January and have it ready to print and distribute early 2020. There is high demand for both books, as God is building His church in the Sierra Tarahumara in Mexico! KEEP PRAYING!
Praise and Prayer
- My health has continues to improve through physical therapy and natural medicine. Please pray for continued healing for neuropathy in my feet.
- The Lord supplied a new-to-me Toyota Avalon through friends from church.
- The Lord continues to provide in various ways for my financial needs, despite my not being rehired at Fox Valley Christian Academy this school year. Please pray for another part-time job to make ends meet.
- God has blessed our jail Ministry team with six uniquely gifted ladies. Please pray for wisdom for the right amount of boldness and gentleness in proclaiming the truth of the Gospel of Christ.
- I’m thankful for the time God has allowed me to minister and serve my aging parents.
Thank you for your prayers, your love, your financial giving and support! Please let me know what God is doing in your life and how I can pray for you!
Allison’s page at Ethnos360: https://ethnos360.org/missionaries/allison-lucht