It’s here!! Yesterday I received a copy of the Mengen New Testament in the mail!! It has a nice shiny red cover and is about 700 pages thick. It was an exciting day for me to see the culmination of 15 years’ worth of work finally come to fruition.
There are several things you could be praying for in the days ahead!
- We are getting ready to place the bulk order of the books. Pray that we could figure out the shipping arrangements. We could have them sent directly overseas or perhaps put on a container car and have them shipped by boat or we could box them up and hand-carry them on the plane. Please pray that the Lord would show us the best way to get the books to PNG.
- Please pray that the Lord would be preparing the Mengen church to receive their own Bibles and make them hungry for His Word!
- Pray that the Mengen believers would be up to speed with their reading abilities. They have very little reading material and need to be practicing! There is another literacy class taking place in Lele, so pray that this would generate more excitement for reading and writing!
- We will be mailing several Bibles to PNG ahead of time for the teachers to use. Pray that this would whet the appetites of the believers and that they would be excited to get their own copy!
- Pray that we could work out the details for the Bible dedication in PNG. We had hoped to do it early in the new year. However, there are many things to consider regarding flights and the Mengen church preparation etc. Please pray that the Lord would open up just the right time, perhaps in May 2020.
- Pray for Simon and Annika Flanagan in Lele on their own right now. Please pray that the Lord would give them strength and wisdom to shepherd the Mengen church. Simon is very busy teaching through 1 Corinthians and also assisting in Bible studies and discipleship.
- Pray too for Annika as she homeschools the kids. It’s no small thing to homeschool in the village away from the conveniences of the first world! Pray too that all 5 kids would be well and healthy. Praise the Lord that the Flanagan kids have all settled in well and are enjoying life in the “bush”.
Thank you so much for your prayers for me! Pray that the Lord would show me what He would like me to do in the days ahead.
Because He is forever Faithful,