Dear Team Members,
We have asked you to pray for our friend Teresa Holmgren in the past. She lost her battle with cancer on August 27th. I really miss her but am thankful she is with her Savior Who she loved and faithfully served. A lovely God honoring Memorial Service was held here in our chapel on Saturday. Please be praying for Teresa’s husband Tim and the extended family. Thank you for your prayers!!!
I had a 24 hours heart monitor put on August 29th to see how my heart rhythm is going. My heart is doing some better, but still acts up, so we would appreciate your prayers that the rhythm specialist will know exactly what to do to have my heart run smoothly and to control my low blood pressure! Also, on August 21st I had a repeat of the nuclear full body bone scan to compare to the one I had done in May, just to make sure all is doing good in my cancer journey. We will not get the results of these test until I see my oncologist on September 12th and the Rhythm Specialist on September 19th.
Thank you for your prayers!!! Really encouraging to hear that 13 kids recently came out for Bible study at the detention center! Please pray these kids will put the truths they are learning into practice.
God Bless and Encourage you!! You are SUCH an ENCOURAGEMENT TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL BECAUSE OF CALVARY,
Charlie & Cherrie
Last month I told you I was starting to go back through the years writing down things I had written or thoughts that encouraged my heart. I had stored the writing in a few places and when I gathered them all together, I was a bit overwhelmed, thinking it will take a few years to finish! So here goes more:
- Remember that after the rain there is a rainbow.
- Sometimes the greatest blessings come in teardrops!
- “May we never lose the wonder of attempting something so big that unless God intervenes, it’s bound to fail.” Author unknown
- “Every experience God gives us, every person He puts into our lives is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- Years ago, while on furlough, we were riding along in a vehicle , called the “Roadrunner” that take folk from the Kansas airport to Manhattan Kansas, where our son Raymond and his family live. The sunset was breath taking but I was aware that the windscreen was dirty, and we could not see the total beauty of the sunset due to the dirty unclean glass and the clouds that blocked the sunset. It is like that in our own lives. Discouraged, we often do not see the beauty that IS there. Remembering that GOD IS there no matter what our circumstances are or how we feel is so important. Remember that the Battle is WON or LOST in our minds, that HE is with us ALWAYS even if our view is cloudy.
- “How do we strengthen faith?” Not by striving after faith, but by resting in the Faithful one.” – Hudson Taylor
- “Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
- On the cover of a card I received I was encouraged by what it said – “I know sometimes there are more questions than answers… times when our hearts are weary and our strength fades – but when we cannot stand, God carries us through… Isaiah 46:4 “I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you.”
- Song I love: “Friends, I will Remember you, Think of you, Pray for you and when another day is through, I’ll still be friends with you.”