Thank you so much for your love, prayers and gifts! We are deeply grateful for your part in reaching the Hewa people with the love of Jesus. Thank you!
We have so much to be thankful for. Please join us in rejoicing in what the Lord has been doing in Hewa.
- The discipleship-toward-leadership classes were a wonderful success as the trainees led studies in their huts each night. We saw the Lord stretch them and use them to lead their family members to deeper levels of spiritual maturity, and even lead some in prayers for salvation!
- We are very encouraged by how the believers are now excited to share their testimonies of faith in Jesus.
- Forty-nine people followed the Lord in Believer’s Baptism on October 13 with much rejoicing.
- The church appointed their first five elders and four deacons on October 14 with prayer and thankfulness.
- The new elders kicked off a “Timothy training,” where each one chose two young believers to help them team-teach through the book of I Timothy (Yanis pictured above with his two “Timothies,” Lupen and Felon).
- The believers had a renewed interest in music since attending a believer’s conference in Inaru a few months back and were excited when we offered to teach a new course on singing/worship. Some of our first sessions focused on simply bringing them to the place where they learned to keep a rhythmic beat by teaching them how to clap together (this is not something their ancestors ever did). Once they succeeded in unified clapping, they practiced late into the night, singing and laughing for hours!
- A group of believers camped at the Failepa boulder to boldly proclaim to everyone that they are no longer afraid of the spirits their ancestors had taught them to fear. They stayed next to the boulder for two nights, singing, praying and reading the Word together. The Lord granted them a successful hunt so they were able to have a pig feast on their last evening!
- A dental team came recently to help the Hewa with their decaying teeth and other medical concerns. We are so thankful for co-workers who have made big sacrifices to come bless our Hewa friends.
We are so thankful for YOU, our prayer warriors and financial partners! We know we could not serve here without your love and prayers. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Jonathan, Susan & Mikenna