Dear family and friends,
Greetings in the name of our Risen Savior. Some call the day Easter. I prefer to call it Resurrection Sunday. We serve a risen Savior! We do hope that your day was very special.
I just counted up the names on the list of volunteers that came here to NTM Homes for the 2017 – 2018 volunteer season. The total was 60 people! They are not all here at the same time. They pull in with their small or large RV. NTM Homes supplies the electricity and water for the duration of their stay. These folks help with building, painting, maintenance, etc. and are a huge blessing!
This photo shows Barb, one of our volunteers. She has been part of the Merry Maids crew. These ladies have been busy washing windows, screens, ceiling fans, etc. for our retirees who live in the independent duplexes. They also did some deep cleaning of many of the rooms in our Latham Center (independent wing of the building). Four or five Merry Maids go into a room and clean it from top to bottom including wiping down walls with a Swiffer, cleaning base boards, ceiling fans, bedding, etc. I think you get the idea. When they are done with the room 3 hours later, it is totally clean. Since we had a four day work week last week, Barb came along with me on my normal cleaning duties. We cleaned 4 rooms on Wednesday and 3 rooms on Thursday. Wow! I sure appreciated the extra help. It was good to get to know Barb a bit better as well.
We have some transitions taking place in our building. One couple moved from the independent wing and took up residence in one of the Assisted Living Facility (ALF) rooms. I am now cleaning their room and doing their laundry for them each week. Their adjustment seems to have gone quite smoothly. In a couple of weeks another one of our residents will make a similar move. The room has a fresh coat of paint and some minor repairs have all been completed. I need to clean the carpet this week and the room will be ready for the new occupant.
A group of teens from a church youth group in Michigan are here to do a service project. Many are foreign exchange students. This week several will be cleaning the upholstery on the chairs in our chapel. I am looking forward to spending some time with them as I oversee the work and may even get to speak some Thai since three on the team are from Thailand.
- We thank the Lord for our Royal Volunteers from up north. It has been a very successful volunteer season. Much work was accomplished and friendships were formed and / or strengthened.
- We thank the Lord for the team of young people that were here a week ago and now the team this week. These teens are a huge blessing as well.
- Brad and I are both healthy. We each had a visit to the dentist recently and all is well.
- Please pray for the folks as they adjust to living in the Assisted Living Facility.
- Pray for the young people that have visited NTM Homes. May they see the Lord in the lives of the missionaries who live here.
- We thank the Lord that we can be a part of this vital ministry here at NTM Homes. A few short paragraphs cannot possibly explain all that happens around this place. Please let us know if you have any specific questions and we will get back with an answer!
By His grace,
Wanda (and Brad) Hull