Well, things are really starting to get exciting around here!! Today 4 Mengen men will be coming out to Hoskins to help me for the next few weeks. Lord willing it will be my last big push towards seeing the Mengen New Testament to completion. I guess it has been a bit like childbirth…very painful with many tears and stress and certainly very difficult, but the end result will be amazing!!
So, there are some things you can be praying for in the days ahead!
- Pray for wisdom and strength for Anton, Masi, Richard and Francis. We have a lot of work that needs to be done in the days ahead. This is all preliminary checking to get ready for the final check with the consultant in the next couple of months!
- Anton and Masi will lead the way with checking Revelations. Then they’ll head home and the other 2 guys will stay and finish up with another check of Revelations, Hebrews, Matthew and John. It is a huge amount to cover in about 2-3 weeks!
- Pray that we would not just rush through things, but that God’s Word would remain clear and accurate in the Mengen language.
- Praise the Lord that my health has continued to be well. I had really been struggling with vision issues, but increasing the font size on my computer has greatly helped, taking the strain off my optic nerves.
- Pray also as I arrange for guys to come out and help me with my final checks with our mission consultants. It’s tricky because of the dates and also some meetings planned around that time. Plus, I can’t have anyone who has helped me with these books previously, so there are lots of factors to consider! Pray for wisdom. It has been fairly stressful for me and we still don’t have it figured out yet.
Well, just 36 days from today, we will be having my first big translation check.
It will take around 10 days to get through 1-2 Peter, James, 1-2-3 John and Jude. I’m so excited and anxious to have it done.
Then exactly a month later, I will be having my second and FINAL translation check, Lord willing.
This will be a long one, expected to take 3 weeks for Matthew, John, Hebrews and Revelation. However, by the time we come to the end of this final check, we will be able to format and prepare the Mengen New Testament for printing. Not too many months after that, the Mengen people will at long last have a copy of God’s Word in their own hands. A true joy and miracle after so many years.
Thanks so much for your faithful prayers. You guys are helping to pull me over the finish line! Rejoice with me!!
The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!”
Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.