From the Desk of the President
New student orientation is underway and regular classes begin Monday! We have NINE exciting new students that arrived on campus yesterday. This may be the most motivated and ministry-minded freshman class I’ve seen in my 9+ years at IBC! You can begin praying for them right away…
From left to right:
1. Brina Lee (Navajo fromSt. Michaels AZ)
2. Mikal Poleahla (Hopi from Second Mesa, AZ)
3. Terrence King (Navajo from Gallup, NM)
4. Jacob James (Navajo from Thoreau, NM)
5. Levi Salazar (Seminole from Seminole, OK)
6. Jerrylne Lupe (White Mountain Apache from Whiteriver, AZ)
7. Kristin Morris (Anglo from Thoreau, NM)
8. Karly Robertson (Navajo from Hard Rock, AZ)
9. Christopher Yazzie (Navajo fromShiprock, NM)
Our student body is 23 full-time students (from 10 tribes), which means campus is full again. The effects of the student suicide three years ago are finally over, praise God! We are looking forward to a great year.
I apologize that it has been over two months since my last email update; I have gotten some much-needed rest and family time this summer and am rejuvenated and ready for a new year of opportunity and challenge. I am working on a full update that will come via USPS in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for praying for, serving at, and giving to IBC and its students!
Dr. Jason Koppen