Thank you so much for your love and prayers and gifts! We are deeply grateful for your part in reaching the Hewa people with the love of Jesus. Thank you!
Thank you for praying with us, and for your generous gifts that have made it possible for us to return to the States to help our daughter, Mikayla, as she explores options and receives treatment for her very painful connective tissue disease. Susan and Mikenna flew to Washington DC in mid-March to join Mikayla as she began her initial months of treatments and then I joined them in mid-April. We helped Mikayla complete the first phase of her program and then moved with her to central Texas where she is currently beginning a second phase which includes a six week (or longer) program under the care of a bone doctor in Fort Worth. We are anxious to see how these treatments progress and will be waiting to hear what the doctor recommends concerning Mikayla’s future options. Thank you for your love, prayers and continual encouragement as we look to Him for wisdom and direction in these next few months. We are very grateful for the support of our NTM Directors who are helping us find ways to care for our daughter while at the same time moving forward with Hewa ministry.
Praise and Prayer
- Praise for a wonderful completion of five weeks of teaching through Revelation with the Hewa believers. We were very encouraged by their excitement about the themes of the book and their desire to walk with the Lord.
- Praise the Lord for the many very generous gifts that allowed us to purchase unexpected airline tickets to return to the States without going into debt.
- Praise the Lord for directing us to caring professionals who are helping Mikayla manage her painful condition.
- Please pray for clear direction from the Lord so we know how to meet Mikayla’s needs while at the same time continue with New Testament translation and ministry for the Hewa believers of PNG.
- Please pray the Hewa believers will continue to grow in their faith despite continual threats of war from neighboring villages. Pray the Lord will keep them safe and that true faith in Jesus will spread through the mountains.
- Please pray for our co-workers, John and Jessi, as they are hoping to return to Hewa soon to continue with teaching and discipleship. Pray for relief from their unexpected medical challenges.
Thank you for your love and prayers and gifts!
We deeply appreciate you!
Jonathan, Susan & Mikenna