The Spring 2017 semester is already in its fourth week of regular classes and we are having a great time! Some highlights:
- Dean of Students Clint Ross has returned from sabbatical, so I am back to “just” being the president.
- This semester’s enrolment is up to 22 full-time students, thanks to the five new students. This is the first time enrolment has grown from fall to spring in the nine years I’ve been at IBC. Thank you for your prayers for our recruitment and enrolment efforts! Please pray for the students pictured above.
- The students are preparing for their annual spring Ministry Immersion Trip; this year they are going to the Nez Pearce reservation in Idaho; this is the first trip of this kind to go out the Southwest in over a decade!
- Frequent meetings with the architect and city officials have IBC making great progress on a plan for a brand new library building. We hope to be breaking ground this summer!
- The IBC Board of Directors met just 10 days ago (coming from as far away as New Mexico and Texas) and I was again amazed at what a great board we have! I am blessed to have such a great group as my boss.
I write this update from the airplane on my way to Orlando for four days of meetings related to accreditation and institutional leadership through the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
We are praising the Lord that, due to generous fundraising of the Maryland church where I spoke in September, we are able to take a total of six people to the annual convention this year. The most important meeting takes place Tuesday at 1:30PM EST with the Commission on Accreditation, during which the Academic Dean and myself will be interviewed regarding our readiness to enter the next stage of accreditation: Candidate Status. We will receive their decision this week! Would you pray for favor from the Commission to receive affirmation of Candidate Status? This status begins the benefits of accreditation for IBC and its students!
Thank you so much for standing with IBC in prayer and financial support! We couldn’t do it without you!