Well, my sabbatical is officially over today. It has been a busy two months of study, working around the house, Vacation Bible School, piano and flute practice, and personal study for enrichment. Now it is time to work on preparing for fall classes at IBC. I still have 3 weeks left to finish up my CIU online course, History of Mission. August 9-12 we will be on our staff retreat in Phoenix again. Lord willing, after the retreat my friend Juanita and I will be hosting an open house for my 60th birthday. I can’t believe how old I have become . . . but there are distinct advantages.
Join us in praying for the following:
- 15-20 new students for fall. Pray that God would call out those who are serious about life change. Thank Him for 2 confirmed new students and 2 more who have completed applications but not yet been accepted. We also have at least 7 currently in the application process. Regular fall classes begin August 29.
- Adjustment and readiness of students returning from a busy summer of ministry, work, or study.
- God’s blessing on the administrative team retreat August 8-9 and staff retreat August 9-12. By His grace, may we be refreshed, challenged, strengthened, and prepared for the new school year. Pray for wisdom for Jason and the rest of those planning the retreat.
- Successful completion of my class on the history of missions. I have about 160 pages of reading, 3 quizzes, and a research paper to go, due by August 21.
- Preparation of Basic Work Habits and History of North America, the courses I will be teaching this fall.
I thank God for you!