Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement over these past few months. We just wanted to take a moment to update you briefly on where things are at with us since our last communication with you in May. As you may remember, we are delayed in our return to Papua New Guinea as we spend time here in the USA caring for Becky’s mother who is recovering from Guillaine-Barre syndrome. At this point, our best estimate of our return is late June 2015. In the interim, Neil is on “Continuing Education” status with NTM, taking courses with Liberty University on-line seminary pursuing a Masters in Religion with Leadership Focus.
Highlights of our lives since we last wrote to you:
- Becky’s mom has been living with us here in Schertz, TX, since mid-May. Becky spends a good part of her day caring for her and taking her to regular physical therapy. Ann has made good progress in being able to walk with a walker, but her right hand continues to be very weak. Please pray for God to restore the use of her hands.
- To help defray tuition costs, Neil has taken a job with an IT support company in New Braunfels.
- Michael starts 11th grade at the local public school on Aug 25. Please pray that he will make good friends and shine for the Lord there this school year. We will be homeschooling the girls in 8th (Katie) and 7th (Cara) grades.
- We were blessed to be able to attend Andrew’s Joshua Wilderness Institute graduation last weekend in Hume, CA. It was great to meet the classmates whom he has grown so close to and see firsthand his experience there. It has been a very valuable year for him growing in his walk with the Lord. Andrew will be starting classes at Texas A&M in September. We would appreciate your prayers for him in this transition
- Ben begins his third year at LeTourneau University on August 25. He continues to study Biomedical Engineering. He held an internship at the university over the summer and also worked a number of other part-time jobs.
We continue to hear of significant personnel needs on the PNG field. Although we are confident in the Lord’s direction in delaying our return, our hearts do long to be back in PNG and to be a part of the ministry there. Thank you for your continued prayers and support for us during this time. Your partnership with us is such a tremendous encouragement.
With deep gratitude,
Neil and Becky Burleson and kids