Hola from Monte Plata! Summer is in full-swing here as I’m sure it is for most of you. I pray that as we head into July you are able to see and experience more and more of God’s presence. That is definitely what we are experiencing here! Below are some quick updates on what’s going on within our ministry and our town this summer along with some ways that you can pray specifically for us! Please let me know how I can be praying for you as well!
Thank God for…
- Over 500 children at our church’s VBS last week and another 200 youth who are attending this week!
- The arrival of our 3 interns (2 American, 1 Dominican) to live at our home and work with our children at school and at the residential facility.
- The way our new “summer family” has adjusted to life together in our little home and God’s protection over our health.
- The provision of funds to finish installing a mini-water-purification plant at our school to enable our children to consistently have clean drinking water.
- Our 40 children enrolled in our summer program at school – that they would arrive each day, be loved and cared for well, learn and have fun, and (most importantly) come to know Jesus.
- Over 200 children from Monte Plata (many from our program) that will be attending various summer camps through our ministry and other ministries – that they would be kept safe and healthy, would feel loved and special, and would come to know Christ.
- My job as co-director of our summer program and intern director – that God would use me however He chooses, would enable me to consistently glorify Him while being effective in ministerial and administrative tasks, and would give me wisdom as I work with teachers, discipline children, and organize/mentor our interns.
- Our intern team – that they would be kept safe and healthy and that they would be granted the wisdom to process through their 6 weeks of hard-work in this country while serving effectively.
- Our town (and really the entire Dominican Republic) which is experiencing a serious outbreak of Chikungunya, a mosquito-transmitted virus that is incredibly painful and very weakening – that God would lift this plague of illness to enable more kids and adults to attend and work in our summer program, VBS, and camps.
- God to send a Dominican husband-wife missionary team to Casa Monte Plata to serve as house parents.
As always, I want to thank you for your love, support, encouragement, and prayers. I was able to see many of you while I was home in Arizona in June and was also blessed by your many notes and messages on my birthday last week. I really am very thankful for the support team that God has assembled for me. Thank you for being part of that!